Skip to main content

Rotation 1.3 Stardew

When I load into the Stardew household, Emily is entertaining a guest, Pauline Wan. They share gossip and giggle like they are old friends already so no surprise when Emily wishes to do just that, become friends with Pauline.


Haley wishes to learn the cooking skill, she’s hungry so autonomously starts cooking waffles for breakfast. Emily continues to get to know Pauline in the meantime. At this rate they will become friends without any help from me. Haley burns the waffles and doesn’t quite reach level 1 of cooking. She still eats a plate, just when I thought I wouldn’t have to see gross waffles anymore. Maybe she would make a good match for Billy. She has the Neat trait though, he would drive her mad.


Haley thinks she is sick and wants a flu shot. Her upset stomach is more likely from those waffles but OK. I send her to the hospital and then to city hall to join the political career (wish). Pauline has to leave for work, Emily and her are so close to being friends but not quite, darn it! Emily wants to join the stylist career which is perfect if you know her from Stardew Valley, so off she goes.

Haley talks to Jon Lessen about her new job outside of city hall, completing a wish to meet a new sim and then wishes to flirt. 😍 I direct her to flirt and he's definitely into it. Apparently, Jon likes tall blondes. He flirts back and compliments her.

Love that I caught Emily zooming past on her scooter in the background.


The exchange is interrupted by Simis Bachelor. Haley surprises me when she autonomously flirts with Simis but he is not interested. Luckily this doesn’t upset Jon, and he continues flirting with her. Come on Haley focus!

There goes Liam O'Dourke in his little orange sloppy jalopy.

Mid conversation Haley decides to go home. Darn it. I send her to library instead to finish learning the cooking skill. She gains cooking level 1 almost the instant she opens the book. While there she gets a wish to learn charisma too yay. That will help her make friends more easily.

Emily talks to Abraham Finkel about joining the stylist career. If he's the town’s only current stylist they definitely need her help.

Emily wants to learn to paint and wishes to go to the museum. She is overwhelmed by hunger before she can finish her first painting. drama queen

Haley’s energy is in the red by 9 pm so she gives up reading to go home. She did reach level 2 cooking though. Neat sims are great because they get wishes to clean and are more likely to clean up on their own. Which is perfect for this gameplay. No swarm of flies in this house, just one on the wall…

I’m thankful that Emily chooses to make an autumn salad instead of eating the now spoiled burnt waffles. It’s also her and Haley’s favorite food. Emily even washes up after herself and the waffles. This is a refreshing change after Billy. Downside, she breaks the kitchen sink and looks as annoyed as I feel. This will drive Haley’s neat trait nuts!

Emily is up early for her first day of work. Making sure to have time to play with the mirror before taking a bath. Childish trait priorities. 😋 I wish I could buy her a rubber ducky, she would really appreciate it.

Haley eats salad for breakfast in the flooded kitchen. I’ll still take this over the flies.

Her work outfit as a Podium Polisher is rather odd, a long formal dress. I guess they say dress for the job you want, not the job you have.

At 9 am Emily is considered to be in work hours but there isn’t the usual carpool since it’s a profession and more flexible. I was a little worried if she’d ever go to work on her own, luckily she got the wish to Earn §500 Styling Sims so I think its fair for me to use that to send her to work.

On her way out the door she has what appear to be unpleasant thoughts about Jon Lessen.

She must be psychic because her first makeover assignment is a new accessory for Jon. Normally when I play this career I have the Sim get to know their client before doing the makeover, I think it helps the outcome. Jon walked right up to her but neither started conversation so I just had her do the makeover before either of them wondered off. She's definitely holding a grudge against him for something.

Don Lothario, Jon's roommate, is here to oversee the makeover. I hope she’ll talk to one of them. Don stands awkwardly close to Emily. “You have dirty little ears. I like.” Click.

I could have messed with Jon a lot more in the makeover but I can’t because I adore Jon so he just gets a new bracelet and black socks. He’s happy with it at least and she makes §60 on the makeover.

I forgot how slow CAS is to load without using NRASS Master Controller mod. I may regret this career for Emily.

Jon leaves but Don is too busy checking himself out in large stylist mirror to notice.

Emily settles in on the floor playing with toys while she waits for her next client. Don takes more pics of Emily. Just talk to her already! You’re Don freakin' Lothario!


Billy Caspian walks into the salon just as he gets a mean text from Jocasta Bachelor, guess she’s still pissed about him talking trash in the bar. Don't mess with mama bear.

Emily tries to move up in her career faster by offering her boss Abraham a Swedish massage. This feels creepy. She may have made §200 from doing this but I’m not sure, will pay closer attention if it happens again. It's better pay than makeovers!


Don is stuck in a loop of taking pictures with his phone. I leave him be.

Emily decides to make a drink at the bar upstairs, then a second. She was a bartender in an alternate life. She's an angry drunk and yells at Sue Scott the tattoo artist. "Shhou llama killerg!"


Haley finishes works around this time. She met coworkers Agnes Crumplebottom and Cornelia Goth at work. She’s badly in need of a shower and some fun.

At home she immediately starts to mop the kitchen while the sink behind her is still exploding water, such a waste of time.

I send her to the library to learn the Charisma skill (wish). Before leaving she washes dishes in the bathroom sink and breaks that too ughhhh.

Emily's work hours end at 7 pm, she makes one more drink. She finally goes to interact with Don, but its to argue. At least this knocks him out of his trance. “I know you were taking pictures of me you creep!”

That face could rival a werewolf’s.

"Crap I’m busted."

Time for that classic Don Lothario charm. He manages to smooth things over with a compliment but he leaves with their relationship still in the negative.

Liam O'Dourke walks into library and is immediately smitten with Haley. He tries to sit with her but Bebe Hart beats him to the adjacent chair.

Across the street in the park I catch Constance breaking it down with Hank Goddard. At least she's making friends.

Still at work, Emily starts a sketch on her own. That's good for increasing her job experience but she’s super hungry and I wish she would go home. Later on Abraham calls her, probably to tell her to close the damn salon and go home already!

Don is elbow deep in a mud bath when Emily finally leaves around 1 am.

It’s going to be a good day. Emily made waffles and didn’t burn them despite having zero cooking skill. Haley gets promoted to Ballet Counter upon arriving at work thanks to delivering a dossier to the police station yesterday. They give her some campaign funds and the rest of the day off! It all sounds a bit shady but that's politics I suppose.

She goes home and eats some of Emily's waffles. She even puts away the leftovers and then spends the rest of the day cleaning the house and raking the yard. I was hoping she would make a big leaf pile one of them might woohoo in but instead she ends up with 3 small piles. She is so much less lazy than I pictured her as in Stardew Valley.

Back at the salon, Emily starts a new drawing instead of working on the one from yesterday, hogging both the drafting tables. Don & Jon come back to the salon too. Don continues his self care regimen while Jon plays guitar.


Emily had an opportunity to style someone a new swimwear but then it disappeared, I guess she gets to play with toys all day instead. A few Sim hours later she gets a message from Nick Alto saying something came up and he had to cancel his appointment. Darn I would have enjoyed giving him an evil makeover. Strangely considerate of him to call though.

Emily still has the wish to become friends with Pauline so after she finishes her drawing I have her call to chat and they become friends instantly, I knew they were close the other day. She’s dead tired and goes home soon as work hours are over.

It's my last day with the sisters and it is Spooky Day so they both have the day off. Emily’s childish nature draws her outside to play in the leaf piles. I hate how stinky Sims get from doing this, almost as bad as digging in the dumpsters.

At this point I couldn’t handle the exploding sinks anymore and I stretch Haley’s wish to wash dishes to hire a repair person to fix all the broken sinks. She can’t wash dishes until they’re fixed!

Emily has a wish to throw a feast party so all the more reason to get this house cleaned up. Costume parties are more fun but I'm just happy for the ability to invite some Sims over. I max out the invite list. Emily's relationship with Don is in the negative but still hoping he will show up.

They both start cleaning after the invites are sent out. Emily gets a wish to serve a home cooked meal at the party. Can’t have a feast party without food. Haley wishes for a Bonehilda coffin but they won’t be needing that with her neat trait. 

The party starts. Jon busts through the door eager to serve his dinner rolls. Morgana Wolff brought Raspberry Cobbler, nice of her as we hardly know her. Nick Alto shows up, at least he doesn’t flake out like on his makeover appointment. Don came too, though he stands outside debating whether to enter the house for a while. A lot of Sims show up actually.


Michael Bachelor is only a teen but Emily has a decent relationship with him so he was invited. He should reach YA soon. He’s the first to talk to her, complimenting their house. What a nice boy, why would Billy have had anything mean to say about him?

Thorton brings veggie burgers, funny for a werewolf. Haley wishes to meet a supernatural so I have her make a charming introduction. This is followed by wish to learn his sign and befriend a werewolf. Thorton is going to be everyone’s friend because of his occult status. Jon must be jealous, he starts playing guitar next to them to try and get Haley’s attention away from Thorton.

Abraham walks around carrying an invisible plate. He must have gotten fired for his lack of style or bad sense of humor because he is now working as a paparazzi instead.

Emily wants to hug Pauline, so I have them chat until the option becomes available. Later when half the guests have left, she goes to play in the leaf pile. Pauline eats one of Jon’s dinner rolls. Even washes up after herself, good friend. She is the last to leave. It’s not even 7 pm and Haley tries going to bed. I don’t think so, it's too early. I send her to the Fall Festival (wish). Clearly she's enjoying herself.

Bella Bachelor comes by the house trick or treating dressed as a pirate, so cute! Mortimer Goth is next door trick or treating also, this is why open worlds are awesome. He comes to their house next, camouflaged very well amongst the bushes in his cowplant costume.


I buy them the kitty stereo for Haley’s wish to buy something over §100, hopefully they will have some dancing at the next party. Their house is being decorated grandma chic, need to change the wallpaper.

I bought Haley the Eye Candy reward and I wasn’t sure what to get for Emily so will hold off for now. Before leaving their house I spend a little extra time with them in the morning to make them friends again, they both wished for it. I guess they didn’t talk much the 4 days I was with them.

Comments

  1. I LOVE this!! Love seeing the games intertwined and I really like the décor of the house, I guess that makes me a grandma?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A super cool grandma! The intertwining of their stories is exactly what I was most looking forward to with this series, seeing how many of the Sims end up meeting and forming relationships, good or bad haha

      Delete

Post a Comment